Archival reconstruction of the original 1928 Ziegfeld production compiled from pre-existing period recordings and taken from private collections for the Smithsonian as a part of the Smithsonian American Musical Theater Series.
1. Prologue: Whoopee medley – Colonial Club orchestra
2. I’m Bringing a Red, Red Rose – Ruth Etting; And by George Olsen and his Music
3. Makin’ Whoopee! – Eddie Cantor; And by George Olsen and his Music
4. Until You Get Somebody Else – George Olsen and his Music, Vocal by Fran Fry
5. Come West, Little Girl, Come West – George Olsen and his Music with vocal quintet
6. Gypsy Song (Where Sunset Meets the Sea) – Excerpt from “Gems from Whoopee” by the Victor Light Opera Company
7. Hungry Women (Yellen, Ager) – Eddie Cantor as the “Singing Waiter”
8. Eddie Cantor’s Automobile Horn Song (Gaskill, Tobias, Bennett, Carlton) – Eddie Cantor as the “Singing Waiter”
9. I Faw Down an’ Go Boom! (Brockman, Stevens, Berman) – Eddie Cantor as the “Singing Waiter”
10. Love Me or Leave Me – Ruth Etting
11. My Blackbirds Are Bluebirds Now (Friend, Caesar) – Ruth Etting
12. Reprise: Come West, Little Girl, Come West – The Ritz Quartet
13. Reprise: Makin’ Whoopee! – Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra
There are no reviews yet.