Rocky features an original score by the Tony Award-winning team of Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens, who are the album’s producers; the score incorporates the songs “Eye Of The Tiger” and “Gonna Fly Now” from the “Rocky” films.
Elliot Scheiner, a seven-time Grammy Award winner, is recording and mixing the album. He first worked with Ahrens and Flaherty on the Broadway show Seussical. Bob Ludwig of Gateway Mastering is mastering the recording.
The complete track listing follows:
1. Ain’t Down Yet – Company, Fight Promoter, Gazzo, Buddy (Act I)
2. My Nose Ain’t Broken – Rocky Balboa (Act I)
3. Raining – Adrian (Act I)
4. Patriotic – Apollo Creed, Apollo’s Manager, Miles Jergens, Apollo Girls, Ensemble (Act I)
5. My Nose Ain’t Broken (Reprise) – Rocky (Act I)
6. The Flip Side – Rocky, Adrian (Act I)
7. Adrian – Rocky (Act I)
8. Wanna Know Why – Gazzo, Buddy, Rocky, Mickey (Act I)
9. Gonna Fly Now (Variation) – Orchestra (Act I)
10. Fight From The Heart – Rocky (Act I)
11. One Of Us – Company (Act I)
12. Training Montage 1 – Orchestra (Act II)
13. In The Ring – Mickey, Rocky (Act II)
14. Training Montage 2 (feat. Eye Of The Tiger) – Company (Act II)
15. Happiness – Rocky, Adrian (Act II)
16. I’m Done – Adrian (Act II)
17. Southside Celebrity – Company, Rocky, Apollo (Act II)
18. Undefeated Man – Apollo & His Entourage (Act II)
19. Keep On Standing – Rocky (Act II)
20. The Fight (Round 15) – Company (Act II)
21. Finale (Act II)
The musical, which opened March 13 at the Winter Garden Theatre, stars Andy Karl as Rocky, Margo Seibert as Adrian and Terence Archie as Apollo Creed.
With a book by multiple Tony Award winner Thomas Meehan and Stallone, Rocky, according to press notes, “brings to life the iconic and inspiring story of struggling small time Philly boxer, Rocky Balboa, who gets a once-in-a-lifetime shot to go the distance against heavyweight champ Apollo Creed. Both an adrenaline-infused spectacle and a surprising story of blossoming romance between two lonely outsiders, Rocky is a heart-stopping and viscerally theatrical new musical for everyone brave enough to follow their dream.”
Tony nominee Alex Timbers directs the production, which features choreography by Tony nominee Steven Hoggett and Kelly Devine with orchestrations by Stephen Trask and Tony winner Doug Besterman, musical supervision by David Holcenberg and musical direction by Chris Fenwick.
The musical is produced by Stage Entertainment USA and Sylvester Stallone with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, The Shubert Organization, Kevin King-Templeton, James L. Nederlander & Terry Allen Kramer, Roy Furman, Cheryl Wiesenfeld, Zane Tankel, Lucky Champions, Scott Delman, JFL Theaticals/Judith Ann Abrams, Latitude Link, Waxman/Shin/Bergère and Lauren Stevens/Josh Goodman.