22 never before recorded Noël Coward songs sung by Steve Ross, Jeanne Lehman, Lisa Riegel and Edward Hibbert. With stories behind songs told by Steve. It’s hard to believe these great Coward have languished in the shadows for so long!
Now Available for Digital Download (with Audio Samples) at CD Baby, amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, – and all amazon stores worldwide – iTunes, 7digital, Shazam, 24-7 Entertainment, Google Play Music Store and other online retailers!
Steve Ross’ latest album is a fascinating collection of hitherto unrecorded songs by the gentleman rightly known as The Master – Sir Noël Coward.
The collection ranges from Noël’s first published song The Baseball Rag in 1917 (he wrote the lyrics only) to the very last song he ever composed – What Has Happened To Charles? – which was written for but never used in 1963 Broadway production of High Spirits.
Interlaced among the twenty-two numbers on the CD are Mr. Ross’ informative and witty comments about the songs and their sources.
The participating artists on the recording are Lisa Riegel, Jeanne Lehman-French and Edward Hibbert
1. Baseball Rag (music by Doris Doris 1917-1918) – Steve Ross
2. comment and introduction to…
3. Sentiment (music by Philip Braham) – Steve Ross
4. Spanish Grandee (written for London Calling 1923) – Jeanne Lehman
5. When We Were Girls Together (written for London Calling 1923) – Jeanne Lehman and Lisa Riegel
6. introduction to…
7. Morganatic Wife (written for Tamamran unproduced in early 1920s) – Jeanne Lehman and Steve Ross
8. comment and introduction to…
9. Meme Les Anges (written for the play Fallen Angels 1923) – Lisa Riegel
10. I’m So in Love (written for On With The Dance 1925) – Lisa Riegel and Steve Ross
11. One Fine Day (written for Nora Bayes 1924) – Jeanne Lehman and Steve Ross
12. What’s To Become Of The Children? (written for White Birds 1927) – Steve Ross
13. It Doesn’t Matter How Old You Are (written for This Year Of Grace 1928) – Steve Ross
14. We Are Living in A Changing World (1941) – Steve Ross
15. Why Do You Pass Me By? (music by Charles Trenet early 1940s) – Steve Ross
16. introduction to…
17. Heavenly Moment (written for Samolan Operette unproduced) in early 1940s) – Lisa Riegel and Steve Ross
18. We’ve Got The Country At The Corner Of The Street (written for Hoi Polloi unproduced 1949) – Edward Hibbert
19. Introduction to…
20. When The Journey’s Over (written for Later Than Spring mid to late 1950s) – Steve Ross
21. Let’s Be Sincere ((written for Later Than Spring mid to late 1950’s) – Jeanne Lehman and Steve Ross
22. Always Be Kind To The Gentlemen (1940s) – Jeanne Lehman and Steve Ross
23. Just People (written for (not used) The Girl Who Came To Supper 1963) – Lisa Riegel and Steve Ross
24. What Has Happened To Charles? (written for (not used) High Spirits 1963) – Jeanne Lehman, Lisa Riegel and Steve Ross
25. comment and introduction to…
26. I Gave My Heart Away (late 1930s) – Jeanne Lehman
27. Je T’Aime (music by Oscar Strauss) – Jeanne Lehman, Lisa Riegel and Steve Ross
28. Intro to There Will Always Be
29. There Will Always Be (1940s) – Steve Ross