Donkey Show (2010 Off-Broadway) Karaoke
The Donkey Show: A Midsummer Night's Disco is a theatrical adaptation of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. The production, created in a disco-era style, was written by Diane Paulus (PIPPIN, HAIR) and her husband Randy Weiner and the members of Project 400, Emily Hellstrom, Jordin Ruderman, Rachel Murdy and Anna Wilson.
It first appeared Off-Broadway, opening August 18, 1999. The show subsequently ran for six years including venues in England, Scotland, France and Spain.
In 2009, the show was revived by the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge, Massachusetts, for which Paulus is Artistic Director. The club/theater space used in Cambridge is called OBERON, after the king of the fairies in A Midsummer Night's Dream.
1. I Love The Night Life (in the style of Alicia Bridges)
2. Don't Leave Me This Way (in the style of Thelma Houston)
3. That's The Way Of The World (in the style of Wind & Fire Earth)
4. Car Wash (in the style of Rose Royce)
5. I'm Your Boogie Man (in the style of KC & The Sunshine Band)
6. We Are Family (in the style of Sister Sledge)
7. No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) (in the style of Donna Summer)
8. Never Knew Love Like This Before (in the style of Stephanie Mills)
9. Last Dance (in the style of Donna Summer)
10. I Will Survive (in the style of Gloria Gaynor)