The First Seventy Years
Songs from the ridiculous to the romantic.
An outrageously intimate LIVE recording of songwriter/lyricist Ray Jessel!
18 Tracks total, featuring vocalist Maude Maggart on 3 tracks.
1. Opening Number
2. I'm A Genius
4. I'm All Right Now
5. Don't Ever Try To Cross An Englishman
6. The Things You Do
7. Please, Don't Let It Be Love (featuring Maude Maggart)
8. I'm Outta Here (featuring Maude Maggart)
9. Moonlight (featuring Maude Maggart)
10. Life Sucks And Then You Die
11. That Old Kurt Weill Song
12. Whatever Happened To Melody
13. Mon Amour
14. Shirley Levine
15. Life Goes On
16. The Shakespearean Tragedy Rag
17. A Married Man
18. Opening Number (reprise)
"Finally, the humorous side of the art form was well demonstrated by several performers including songwriter Ray Jessel, making his convention debut at age 72. He exploited his resemblance to Albert Einstein with a number in which the famous mathematician rates his fellow geniuses and brought down the house with a mock Shirley Temple number in which the audience happily joined in the on the chorus of "Life sucks and then you die!" - Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter