Keep On Smiling: Irving Berlin Songs from 1915-1918 (Sears & Conner) CD
Sears, Benjamin/Conner, Bradford
"Talking of rediscoveries, the Boston-based duo of Benjamin Sears and Bradford Conner continue their early work with Keep On Smiling . . . this album from the cabaret archivists gives us twenty almost forgotten First World War marching songs. Who'd have thought that there were that many by Berlin that we always ignored?"
(Sheridan Morley, BBC Music Magazine)
"Benjamin Sears and Bradford Conner's enjoyable Keep On Smiling collects 23 songs by Irving Berlin, 1915-1918. Berlin's earliest hit was his 1911 Alexander's Ragtime Band, so the album allows us to hear some of his follow-ups."
(Max Preeo, Show Music)
Features the vocal talent of Benjamin Sears and Bradford Conner on piano...all songs by Irving Berlin,1915-1918! 20 tracks total
1. Circus Is Coming To Town, The
3. I've Got A Sweet Tooth Bothering Me
4. Until I Fell In Love With You
5. Cohen Owes Me Ninety Seven Dollars
6. When I Leave The World Behind
7. Down Where The Jack O'Lanterns Grow
8. Polly Pretty Polly (Polly With A Past)
9. Eyes Of Youth See The Truth, The
10. Sterling Silver Moon, The
11. While The Band Played An American Rag
12. Voice Of Belgium, The
13. Devil Has Bought Up All The Coal, The
14. They Were All Out Of Step But Jim
15. Smile And Show Your Dimple
16. Dream On Little Soldier Boy
17. When I Get Back To The U.S.A.
18. I'm Gonna Pin My Medal On The Girl I Left Behind
19. Yip-Yip-Yaphank Medley: Oh, How I Hate To Get Up In The Morning / Kitchen Police (Poor Little Me)...
20. We're On Our Way To France